About Me

My photo
I am VERY married and happily so. I love my Life, my Husband, my Son, My family and I don't even mind my job.... I am one lucky girl..

Friday 6 May 2011

The Devil is in the Detail

Okay I am looking quizzically at my phone as I see an incoming call from my Dad.  During working hours that's a little out of character. After all, I'm a very busy woman. Must be something serious right?

I answer - curiosity peaked.

So he tells me he's driving to the airport. I knew this would be the case. We'd already discussed 'the plan' the night before. He was taking my Aunt to the airport for her return trip to Perth after a week in Sydney.
So far, my peaked curiosity is feeling a little disappointed. After all, nothing exciting here right? Humph

Dad's tone is very........... measured.

Aunty is in the car with him of course.

I'm then asked a favour....

Would I mind ringing Mum to let her know she may need to delay stripping the guest bed?

But why? (wow, in my head I sound like an annoying child in the back seat of a car on a long drive)

It would seem that Aunty's flight was......... A.M. NOT P.M.

I now understand. Dad is ringing me using his measured voice desperatley trying to convey in the most innocuous possible way, how profoundly pissed off he is at this glaringly inconvenient circumstance he now finds himself.

All I can think to say is 'Oops, didn't anyone confirm the flight yesterday? Aren't you supposed to do check the day before?'

Measure voice responds ' There must have been an oversight'
Oh crap, he's fuming and can't let off steam with Aunty in the car. I wonder if I'm on speaker phone? Better not ask anymore about who booked the flights etc. After all, what good would that do now?

I suggest they keep heading to the airport anyway. Lucky for EVERYONE she managed to buy a seat on a later flight...

when booking your flights, be sure to check the detail. That AM/PM drop down box.......it's a doozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment